- your opponent to your right opens 1 of a suit.
- Your partner has not bid
Bid: you overcall (bid) 2 of that same suit
Communication to Partner:
- 2+ good suits (5-5 or better recommended)
- Minor cue-bid is 5-5 in both majors, and 8+ points
- Major cue-bid is 5 cards in other major and a 5-card minor and 10+ points
- Good for weak hands (6 – 11 points) and for strong (16+) hands.
- Come to an agreement with your partner before using.
Optional Partner Response:
- 2NT – asks for for the minor suit