Before bidding your first bid, be prepared with your next bid.
NT hands do not need to be rebid-able.
Re-biddable hands at the 2 Level:
- 6-card suit w/o partner support
- 5-card suit w/ partner support
- A second 4-card suit w/HCP
Some 2 suited guidelines:
- Always bid longest suit
- 5-card suits, equal length, bid highest rank (4-card suits, bid lowest rank)
- Touching – always bid the higher ranking suit, irregardless of strength
- Strategy: Partner can send bid around again without raising the level
- Not-Touching – bid lower suit
- Strategy: Gives partner a chance to bid with a lower point value.
- Always open with suit below singleton