Jacoby 2NT is used to communicate to your partner that your partnership has a very good hand.
- Opening partner has opened 1 of a major
- Responding partner also has an opening point hand, and 4 cards of partner’s suit.
- Opening partner has bids1 of a major (Exp: 1♠)
- Responding partner has 12+ pts, and 4 ♠; bids 2NT (Jacoby 2NT)
- Opener responds with either:
- Responder replies with:
- Next available feature suit with an Ace or King
- Opener responds with
- their feature suit
- Closeout bid
- This continues until a suitable contract is determined.